Monday, April 28, 2014

Sorry Luvs....

Sorry luvs --- still too busy for a full on post, so just some random thoughts....

  • lost a bit and happy as a clam
  • too busy to squeeze in workouts --- NOT GOOD! Note to self: not acceptable and everyone can prioritize their day to include a short workout. It's about as important as brushing your teeth. So stop with the excuses, wake up (even) earlier if need be and walk, bike or hit the gym. 
  • HOLY MOLY - the nice folks at Vivus raised the price of this junk yet AGAIN! Picked up my Rx at Costco and nearly died at the $159.00 I had to plunk down for this crack. Seriously....they give you a coupon and then decide they need to raise the price. That means that I really am not going to be able to continue right now. We really can't afford this monthly amount and I'm kind of being a bad girl by buying it. I am just going to have to do this on my own -- sans Qsymia. Just don't have a choice really. I'd love to hear from others who are on it WITH A PRESCRIPTION. How did you get that? My doctor barely ok'd it with me paying, much less my HMO co-paying! 

More next week...promise...hopefully. ;)
V.

7 comments:

Christee Lewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Connealy said...

Let us know how it's going when you get a chance.

Julie Ritter said...

So glad to find your blog! Keep up your journey! I just started Qsymia this week. No appetite and lots of energy. I'm in freaking heaven! Dang expensive though!

Julie Ritter said...

Oh and I should mention my picture is of me from 18 months ago....I lost a bunch of weight as I suffered through a painful divorce...the weight came back on with a vengeance and then some! I have every intention of losing the weight and getting THAT bod back!

Rae Tracy said...

I have tried many times to post a comment to your blog but it never seems to post.... I enjoy your blog and I feel like many of us can relate to your journey. Good luck!!

Valerie said...

@all: Thanks everyone! It means so much to me to know that you're following along AND it keeps me accountable! xo

Alice Hughes said...

Hi, first time poster so thanks for the chance. I am getting ready to "leave" Qsymia. It's been great for around 4 months but the last two I haven't lost anything (granted, didn't really try, but didn't have to try the first four months which was what I loved about the whole thing, but at $125 (with insurance!) I am about to bail..have a drs appt in two weeks for weigh-in and his thoughts. will post update, so happy to find your blog. you should be soooo proud of yourself. ps -sugar is the devil for me. Alice