Tuesday, January 21, 2014

WTF?

Oh. My. God. Breathe. Kind of freaking out after stepping on the scale this morning. Not exactly sure what's going on, since I've been really quite good this week. But what I need to do right this very minute...is breathe. Because I know that freaking out won't serve me well or make the number on the scale go down. In fact - I'm really pretty sure that it's what makes the number go up!

So....what's going on here? Is it the fact that I've gone off of Qsymia and my body is now adjusting to the change? Is it just a mental thing? Is it just that my body is catching up with the holiday eating now (and believe it or not my body has a tendency to do that)?

There's really only one solution to getting these questions answered. That solution is to watch each and every thing that I'm putting in my mouth this week. I'm going to keep a food journal to be really on track. If I'm eating what I ate when I was on the drug - and I don't lose anything, or much at all I'll freak out....then. For now I'm choosing just to breathe and realize that our bodies can be unpredictable and hormones, stress and other factories play into a woman's weight.

And if you read my blog.....reach out and give me some support. I need it this week! And maybe a hug! And maybe a YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL! And maybe a donut --- wait no donuts! ;)

3 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

You're doing the right thing, hang in there, don't panic. Don't give up. Don't EAT. You went back on the Q right?

Jill said...

I have been reading your blog since November 2013 when I started q. I think you are fantastic!!! You are also right on the money about stress adding to weight gain. I know for me, the more stress, the more I obsess about the # on the scale, the higher the number. It's a fine balance. Keep it up.

Valerie said...

@Mary - Nope - Didn't go back on Q because I'm trying to go it alone! See my latest blog post....

@Jill - thanks luv - you rock.